1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Westernman, Mar 5, 2008.

?

Which Is Better MVP or Wideout

1. MVP

32.0%
  2. Wideout

68.0%
  1. Westernman

Westernman Junior Member

I was looking at this plow and was wondering is this plow worth the money:dizzy:, and which of theses plows are better the western MVP or the Wide out

2. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

These plows are compared many times. Do a search of the forums.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your question is too general..Better at what specifically? What application?

4. Westernman

Westernman Junior Member

what i mean is having the extend width of scooping worth the extra money than how much the MVP holds in scoop

5. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I voted for the western wide out. Although I haven't seen one in use or used one, we have an employee who has a Western pro plow 8'6" and has wings on it (10' 2") and that will hole way more snow than a V plow. Also do you know how they measure a V plow? Is it in the V or straight, just wondering.

6. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

If your asking which is better for bucketing the snow or which is more maneuverable and all around useful.

I like the vee a ton. It gives me scooping, breaking back of large frozen piles, better maneuverability on piles, tighter near cars with forward pile moving, it's quick. I'm guessing the wideout would seem good for straight pile pushing.

7. mnconst

mnconst Member
    from indiana

i have both of those plows and the wide out is much faster over all

8. Westernman

Westernman Junior Member

ok thanks for your replies guys

9. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

How bout a 3rd choice neither?

10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic