1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western WIDEOUT!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lawnproslawncar, Feb 26, 2008.

?

Who's Using the Western WIDEOUT?

1. Yes, and Love It!

6 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Yes, but "V" is Better

3 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. No, Not Yet :(

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Got my eyes on this baby!

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

Who's using them, if so post some pics, I'm thinking of getting one of these babies next year

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

im going to vote, NOPE DUNT WANT A WESTERN(or fisher)

3. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

I use it and love it

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

wish I had a big enough truck for one they look sweet.

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Missing the vote for running it but don't like it, won't run another and the V is not better.

ANY expanding plow is going to out perform a V plow.

This thing misses the mark for performance though. IMO

Rides up over the existing piles when cleaning up, climbs the pile when stacking before you hit the control, leaves a lot of snow on the pavement are just a few of the misses.

It's better than straight blades, better than the V's, but is still lacking.

Have run the XLS too. It's better but there's still better options to run for cleaning.

J

6. lawnproslawncar

What are those better options then?
    I'm curious, not sure what i should buy.

7. LawnProLandscapes

get a boss v-plow. extremely versatile, nice to make a first pass in v to open things up. scoop is awesom for clean up and makes stacking a breeze. then you can use straight and angle as you need. i dont see what the big hype about these expanding plows is. jmo.

8. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

I have 2 Boss Vee's and I would have bought another but the dealer was 6 weeks out to get one installed on my truck so I decided on the WIDEOUT and boy was I glad! Dont get me wrong I think the Boss is an awsome plow and it might be better built than the western but time is money and the wideout will run circles around my vee's any day of the week. Trust me run one of these plows. Blizzard, Western, or Fisher and you will see. I put wings on one of my Vee's this year and my wideout will still out plow it.

9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

no wideouts here. have the XLS works great. no complaints.

10. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

try one if you can and you will see, if you do alot of windrowing you will love it.

11. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

The Blizzard 810 for which the wide-out is a cheaper copy will out produce any V.
    But dont take my word, Try one on the same lots you would use a V plow. I have done it.
    It is just faster. For you guys thinking about buying the Wide-out, why not buy the Blizzard if it is available.

12. ZoomByU

ZoomByU Member

little or no dealer support, there are two western dealers within 20 minutes of me. The nearest Blizzard dealer is an hour.

13. tjlands

tjlands Senior Member

I am a big big fan of Western, I have used them for 18 years. My Blizzard dealer is also an hour away . With the productivity of the Blizzard over my Westerns I just want more 810's.
    Used to have a couple of Yellow plows but they are long gone, ten years ago.

14. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

I bought a western for a few reasons. The lighs dont come of when you unhook the blizzard, I like the truck side mount ALOT more than the blizzard and I dont think the paint holds up as good as the western. Personally I dont think the western is a cheaper copy of the blizzard. Yes it is a copy but I think its just as good if not better than the blizzard.

15. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

There should be a choice for I don't have any interest in any POS Western plow. (I prefer POS Sno-ways.:D)

16. lawnproslawncar

As far as a blizzard...I'm a chain guy. Don't like it when the cylinder is fully extended in a pile and the truck as stuck on the blade

17. LawnProLandscapes

i would love to give one a try for fun but honestly i dont recall seeing any in my area. alls i wouldnt see myself buying one due to the level of respect and service i receive from my dealer. i have a fisher dealer about 15 minutes east and they suck and i have a western dealer about 10 minutes west and there the biggest joke i know. maybe someday ill get to try one and i know if boss came out with one im sure id give it a shot. maybe a wideout xt kinda like the power v xt :rolleyes: that sounds good.

18. lawnproslawncar

Just so you guys know. Blizzard was bought by Western. Look at the tubular design! Just found out today.

19. LawnProLandscapes

well fisher and western are already in bed together, im not sure who owns who. when did this buyout take place? i wonder if theyll make any big changes.

20. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Talk about being behind the times.....................

Blizzard was bough by Aurora Capital company from California.

Aurora had previously purchased Douglas Dynamics from AK steel and was seeing a reduction in revenue and was looking for the reason why.................Big White Plows...........
    So it's buy em or fight em.

Douglas Dynamics had previous to being bought by AK steel purchased Western and Fisher.

So Aurora added Blizzard to the Douglas Dynamics portfolio.

J