1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by no3putts, Dec 4, 2007.

1. no3putts

no3putts Junior Member
    from buffalo

I've been doing commercial plowing in the Buffalo NY area for about 12 years with various straight blades and v blades. After plowing with the new Western Widout on my 08 Ford F350 diesel, I was disappointed with the performance. The snow was a very heavy 2-3 inch and I found that the wings would not stay in the scoop position with the heavy load. Not very good for backdragging either. My dealer took the plow back, gave me full credit and installed a 9 6 V with the Western Wings. I couldn't be happier with the performance, we just had a 4 incher over the weekend and this setup was amazing. If you are in need of a plow to carry snow this is the setup I would recommend. We plow around a dozen large hotels in the area, and nothing I've plowed with is faster except a snowpusher.
    Hope this help those of you who are on the fence on which plow to buy.

2. orenlasko

orenlasko Senior Member

v with wings...

yeah, ive been using the western v for over 10 years now... i have an mvp plus going on today, was wondering about the wings - is there any install or put the pins and go? do you have any pictures ?

thanks.

Oren

3. no3putts

no3putts Junior Member
    from buffalo

Western Wings

Just put the pins in and go, takes about 20 seconds per side. Good luck