1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout very slow moving

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by light insight, Dec 1, 2015.

1. light insight

light insight Junior Member

My western wideout plow moves UP very very slow! It seems to get worse the longer im plowing. I have changed the fluid this season. Also it is the older 2009 wideout so it has no zerk fittings. Any idea on what is causing it to move so slow???

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Pull reservoir and clean/replace filter.

I would replace.

3. light insight

Okay ill try that thanks. Is there an easier way to get the reservoir off other than taking all the hoses off and removing the plastic case that surrounds the motor and resevoir?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you cleaned the pivot pins ever?

If you remove the plow and can manually move the headgear all the way forward and back, chances are it's not the pins giving you troubles

5. light insight

Yes i can manually move it. I think he is right about the filter...its just a pain in the butt to get to it. Thanks.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

The reservoir is a lot of trouble to remove. I would be doing a voltage drop test first.
    Using a multimeter measure the difference in voltage between the battery positive post and the pump motor terminal. Do the same from battery negative to the negative motor terminal. Read the voltage while the plow is lifting in both tests. It should be less than one volt in both tests. If there is no voltage drop then measure the current flow if you have, or can borrow, a clamping ammeter. Should spike up to around 100 amps and then settle at about 40. High current draw can mean the motor is in its last legs.
    Check your grill plug (the one with two pig pins and two small pins) to see if it gets wa after running the tests to see if it is warm. If it is that's a sure sign of a voltage loss at the plug. Clean or replace the problem cable.

7. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Have you ever changed the solinode/coil pack under the left side panel... I change ares ever 2 yrs or more depending on usage...