1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western wideout/ultamount light issues

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ford4x4guy74, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ford4x4guy74

ford4x4guy74 Junior Member

Helping brother in law with light problems on 2011 gmc 2500. He has a wideout. When hooked up right side works fine. Left side has no low beam on truck or plow and when switching to high beam tuck light comes back on and no plow light. Two relays in harness buzz until I unplug the plow light bulb. I have swapped modules, tried new main plug harness on truck end and even the head light harness. Nothing changes....I'm stuck! Any suggestions would be great!!

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Try switching the plow to trk.headlight plug from A to B. Or 180 around and see if that helps

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I think what Dss means to say is go behind the RH headlight. You have a quad headlight system and both the high and low beam plugs are backwards. Disconnect the Western harness plug from the truck low beam light plug and flip it over. Do the same with the high beam. The original truck plug is keyed but the Western plug is not so you can try it both ways effectively flipping the wire connections. One way works and the other way does not. Truck lights usually work regardless but the plow lights only work one way. Leave the plow connected when you do this and you will see the plow lights start working.

4. ford4x4guy74

ford4x4guy74 Junior Member

Yep that was the problem! He had some bodywork done this summer and when they put headlight back in they had the plugs messed up. He done all the trial and error work before I got there. Once I started looking at the wiring and plugs on the headlights I found the issues with the plugs. Thanks for the help!! Let it Snow..Let it Snow!!