1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Mowman62531, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Hopefully someone can help. On our wideout we just installed, the drivers side low beam is barely lit. Both lights work fine with the brights on, and I swopped the bulbs from side to side and still same results. Any ideas? My other problem is that when I hit the button to go into scoop mode is retracts instead, and when I push the retract button, it goes into scoop mode. PLease help!
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Check your hoses before you bend a ram. When the scoop mode is opposite I believe that is why. Your hoses are going to the opposite attactments. This is a big deal because one of the hoses has a relief valve on it, so if it is opposite, the relief doesn't work and you spend $400 on a new ram.
  3. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

I know i cant help with more than a guess here but i had a similar problem check your wire harness to the lamp bulb on the truck.

You should of bought a blizzard
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

As for the lights take a look at your fuses.
    There are fuses for the head lights.
    If one fuse is blown the light will still glow as it is being back feed by the other working light.
  5. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Thanks for the replys! Got both problems fixed! Hoses were switched and low beam connection was the problem. Little piddly stuff drives me crazy!
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

yea, but now you learned how your plow works.

This knowledge will be very helpful when it comes time to trouble shoot any problems out in the field..

I recommend installing your own plow for anyone who is going to be plowing commercially.