1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout Plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Fourbycb, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Ok lets open this up Is there anyone out there who has a Western Wideout Plow I need some feedback on what you like or dont like about this Plow.What are the Pro's-Con's I am considering the purchase of a Wideout :help:

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

they r a nice plow. if used properly. if abused they go bad fast. don't stack snow with the wings out.

3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

Get a blizzard more agressive for scraping can stack with wings out better built!!!!!:drinkup:

4. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I would agree the Blizzard seems to be built a bit stronger. The Western Hydros are a bit faster, although you can't move the wings full of snow like the Blizzards (smaller cylinders). My second choice would go to the Fisher. Scrapes better then the western, and doesn't ride up on top off the snow as much.

5. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

Plowed with our wideout about ten times so far this season, so far it seems better than average for stacking, scaping and backdragging, and excellent in clearing lots and saving time. The only negatives seem to be initial cost and the poly wing edges seem to be wearing fast. I would definetly by another one.

6. niederhauser la

niederhauser la Member
    from Utah

Thats the only way I stack is with the wings out. I have 2 and used the crap out of them and I have never had a min of down time. The wings do wear fast. Great plow