1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western WideOut or Hiniker Scoop

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by TurfSolutionsMN, Sep 5, 2009.

1. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

We are going to be buying a new truck next week probably a '09 Chevy 3500 SRW Reg. We currently run all Blizzard plows but are loosing dealer support. The nearest dealer is 1.5-2 hrs away. We do have a Western and Hiniker dealer 20 min. away so we are leaning towards them, and Boss and Fisher 1hr away. I would like to run the 9' Scoop but havn't heard to many reviews on them (I did do a search). The WideOut seems to have alot of mixed reviews. So my question is what would you guys suggest to get? This truck will be helping out on 8+ acre lots so backdragging will be a min. We are still open for a V in either one but are leaning towards WideOut or Scoop.
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I run 2 Western 8'6" MVP Plus with the Western wings. In scoop with the wings they will move a lot of snow. When doing a wide open lot you can take the trailing wing off and it will work quite efficiently. You can take both wings off when going long distances and take some weight off the front end. I am looking for a plow for my 09 GMC and have also considered the Western Wideout. Many people love them. We don't get that many heavy snows or packed snow so scrapping isn't a real concern.
  3. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I run blizzard pp's on my commercial trucks. I really like having the flexibility to independently adjust the wings depending on snow and lot conditions. I usually run with the wings out in either wide pass or windrow mode but have had times when I have needed to pull both wings in because the snow was too wet and heavy. The scoop, however, is pretty simplistic in use, which means fewer components to worry about breaking.
  4. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Thanks guys for your imput!! I still would like to stay with Blizzard just for the fact we can run any plow on any truck I just hate to put a different plow in the mix.
  5. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

I thought someone mentioned that all three DD plows would have the same mount now anyway. Not positive on that though.
  6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I looked at the Blizzard mount when we were in L'Ville and they are different than Western.
  7. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Knock on wood, no problems with my wideouts.
  8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

same here, wouldn't hesitate to get another one
  9. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member