1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout loses power????

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GMSNOW, Nov 28, 2014.

1. GMSNOW

GMSNOW Member

I have a 2011 Chev. 3/4 ton and same year Western Wideout.

Situation: I will be out plowing and all of a sudden the plow shuts down/I lose power. I lose power to the hand held remote controller. Usually after unplugging and reconnecting the plowing and turning the truck off the power usually comes back and runs normal again for a while. Sometimes the handheld remote powers back up but the little light indicating I have power flashes.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where I should start looking for the problem?

I should also say my truck battery is the original. Could a weakened battery cause this?

Thx for any help.
    GMSNOW.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

When it looses power, do the plow lights still stay on? Or is the clicker the only thing losing power

3. Whitey

Whitey Member

I also have a 2011 wideout which just started doing the same thing. I found it to be the 4 pin plug at the grill. I cleaned it up good and greased it no problems since. Hope this help works for you too, good luck.

4. GMSNOW

GMSNOW Member

No problem with the lights - they stay on.

I will try cleaning the plug connectors. Did you just wipe them clean or use some sort of cleaner?

Thx for the feedback!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Trace your power cable for wear...there are other theads with similar malfunctions.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The issue was the controller connector inside the cab. I believe western came out with an extension cable to fix the issue

7. Snow_rydah

Snow_rydah Junior Member

I'm having the same problem flashing red light on hand held. I get out and wiggle the battery harness plug and works for a while and way to fix it without buying a new harness. I have cleaned it and use dielectric grease