1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western WideOut Electircal Issue

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Cariboo, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Cariboo

Cariboo Junior Member

Anyone had problems with the plow losing all function? The On/ Off light just flashes but I have no function of the plow at all. It is only on the second year of plowing and all the electrical connections are clean and tight. Any help would be great!
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Sounds to me like a fuse. Flashing light at the controller means communication loss. Look under the plow shroud, ther are two fuse holders each containing two fuses. I believ the one on the passengers side will be your problem.
  3. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Check the Plugs again......Make sure they are clean and apply some Dielectric grease to the Plugs....
  4. Cariboo

Cariboo Junior Member

I pulled the covers, fuses there are good. Everything is clean and greased, the plow has done this before but intermittently, this is the first time for it to just stop. A lose connector makes sence... they just arent lose. The local Western Rep says they have this issue sometimes and it could be either the Controler or the Plow Module. Both of which need to be shipped out and means more down time. Sucks cause the snow is coming down hard right now and I am looking at the plow out my window! There has got to be some way to limit the search.
  5. Cariboo

Cariboo Junior Member

Found the problem, it wasnt anything to do with the plow... I still like my Wide-Out, it was the installing company. They wrapped the power around the hydraulic pump and zip tied it to a metal rail. Once I pulled a few pieces off to replace parts that Western had shipped to trouble shoot I found where it had rubbed through.