1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western wideout BLEEDING

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Hysert, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

I have a new wideout and can't get the right wing to bleed out

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  3. Hysert

yep tryed it no luck...... I was hoping once it gets hot maybe they'll work them selves out...

4. twinman326

Have you been checking the fluid level to make sure she was full after you move it to the right n left a couple of times (#13)??

There are no leaks??

make sure the lines are tight...if not that will suck some iar into the line.

Have you look at the pdf?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  5. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

with those damn wing lines being soooo long it'll take a while to bleed...also make sure that whoever put the plow together that there is enough slack in the wing ram lines...the lines should make a large loop right over the pivot bolt...trust me!!! not enough slack when they put it together and the first time it tripped it ripped the line!!! other that that KEEP BLEEDING!!! you'll love that plow!!!!

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Hope the right wing hoses aren't on backward either. Bad things happen when you do that.

7. Hysert

It's been tough I was tolled the problem is where the wing lines (4 lines) cross up over the blade pivot bolt..... And the air gets trapped in the hoop area over the pivot.... I've even stuck the blade down in a ditch and ran in through the cycles and no luck...... the wings opperate perfect just the right one sags out when in scoop (30-45 sec).

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Crack the lines right at the pump fittings one at a time as you function the wing. Be sure not to run it low on fluid. They are a pain to bleed but you'll get it.

9. Hysert

Hey thanks for that info I'm going to ajust those lines first thing...... The wing will bleed in time eh??? thats what i figured...

10. pushin 4 u

pushin 4 u Member

Do like b&b said, then after that try cracking the fittings right at the cylinders and do the same thing. Keep in mind that the fittings most inboard... Closest to the pivot bolt are the ones that push the ram out, I would try bleeding them first then the outboard ones next, and if nothing else rum with it like that for a couple of hours and bring tools with and bleed it after the fluid gets hot and expands.

11. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same damn problem. The right wing works like normal but over 2 -3 minutes it will sag out. It holds when I plow but still pisses me off.

12. twinman326

did you follow the instructions in thread #2

13. Hysert

Hey Gents got the wing problem FIXED after spending many hours checking lines. I went to the dealer and worked with the technican there.... We got on the phone with Western and they advise all the same things but it turns out it was in one of the hydraulic valve's...... We cleaned the valve replaced it and it runs great now.

14. Hysert

Hey there Got my wing problem fixed...... I was wondering how long do your rubber cutting edges last, Some are saying they done after one storm??????

15. twinman326

16. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Going on my second season and I rub a lot of curbs, hardly shows any use, 16 hours per event