1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wideout 4 pin issue

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ladyaird, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ladyaird

ladyaird Junior Member
    from Ontario

Hello all,

In a bit of a bind...being the weekend and it's snowing out, and the damn plow decided to have issues....and hubby is away and unreachable to fix it.

My Wideout is having issues with the 4 pin connector. When it gets plugged in, it sounds like the plow is running/moving, but it isn't. It also, on occasion, smokes.

Needless to say I don't want to keep it plugged in. Looking for a quick fix (if available) to get me back out on the road.

Any help is appreciated.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Why u say 4 pin?

Where is smoke coming from?

3. ladyaird

ladyaird Junior Member
    from Ontario

smoke seems to be coming from the actual connection....but it doesn't happen all the time.

I'm saying 4 pin because it has two large pins and 2 smaller pins in between....hence 4 pins....if only 2 of those pins actually work, my bad...lol...I'm just going off what I see. It's not the 11 pin plug.

4. ladyaird

ladyaird Junior Member
    from Ontario

It's the plug that comes right off the battery.

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

OK, you talking at the grill. That's the power, ground and communication pins. When you say 4 pin, I was thinking about the 4 pin where the hand controller plugs in, in the cab

Something is obviously getting hot either the motor is shot or you have a grounding issue.

6. ladyaird

ladyaird Junior Member
    from Ontario

damn....that would be my luck with the motor..lol

thanks

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If you plug that connector in backwards the motor will run, also it runs backwards.. ask me how I know. Double check it is plugged in the right way and also check the fuses under pump cover since plugging it in backwards tends to blow fuses.