1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wide-Out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by NYAmerican, Nov 11, 2012.

1. NYAmerican

NYAmerican Junior Member
    from NY

Is it OK to install a Western Wide-Out on a
    2008 Chevy silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel Reg Cab body style?

western does not recommend it on singe axles, they say that that Wide-outs are for the Dual Axle trucks.

I am trying to decide what plow I should get, Western Wide Out, Pro Plus or a Fisher XtremeV.

I will be plowing residential and small commercial lots. Any opinions? Thx's
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

There are a lot of them out there I'm sure. I am running an 8-10 Blizzard on my 09 2500 CCSB. I have the torsion bars up 4 turns, Timbrens and gussets. No problems yet but I try and grease it all the time and plow fairly easy. Some ballast in the back will also help.

For the plows you mentioned the wideout will be the fastest in most situations.
  3. Kingcuster

Kingcuster Junior Member

Ive been to my local dealer several times over the last month or so and everytime im there it seems like i see a couple different 2500's with brand new wide outs on them
  4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

It has little to do with dual axels, I have put lots of wide-outs on singles. The issue is the diesel engine and the front end. The diesel engine uses up too much of the front end's max weight. That's it that's all. We get lots of people go out and buy the truck they want and then come asking to have a plow put on. GM diesels are often not compatible. My advice is to look at quick match on the Western website before you buy the truck. I bet if you had the same truck with a gas engine it would be considered compatible. Keep in mind though that you can do a force feed. The mounts are available and it's no problem to install it, the issue is that Western doesn't recommend it. And if you get stopped and have you vehicle axel weights checked you may get fined. Those new 2500s you spotted were probably gas or extra heavy front ends, special ordered.
  5. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

I know a guy with a 07 new body stile crew cab with a wideout on it. he just put timberns on and 600 pounds in the back