1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wide-Out on an 06 Dodge 3/4 ton diesel

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by trustyrusty, Dec 30, 2008.

1. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

I am looking at setting up an 06 Dodge Quad Cab short bed with a 5.9 Cummins. I would like a Western Wide-Out but the manufacturer says that the plow is too heavy for the truck. Has anyone mounted a Wide-Out on a similar truck? What if I put Timbren's on the front suspension?
  2. joebob

joebob Junior Member
    from ontario

we havve one on a 2008 F250 four door short and one on a 2500hd chevy 2005 regular cab both with timbrems they work fine.
  3. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

So..... Are you pleased so far? I've also been looking at Blizzard Power Plows. Either way they look like a good idea, better than the pin-on wings I've used for the past 5 years. A Western is lighter than a Blizzard though.
  4. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I have an 05 with the CTD and I am running the 9' Pro Plus with wings and put timbrens on the front and works great. They told me it was too heavy as well so I told them I had the Hemi and then they sold it to me. I installed it myself. I really don't think there is that much weight difference between t he 2 plows. One thing I did notice is that when I ran oversized tires it made the power steering pump work way too hard so now I am running the stock tires to plow and no problems.
  5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Reviews on the Westen wideouts have been mixed. People who have run all three "power plows" put them in this order: Blizzard, Fisher, Western. I have an 810 and have been completely satisfied thus far. I will say mine does have all the "Erie Special" upgrades as well.