1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Wide Out electrical diagnosis

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by battags, Mar 5, 2014.

1. battags

battags Member

2011 WideOut plow will not respond intermittantly. When it doesn't work, there is no 'ticking' from motor or solenoid. At times when it does have power, the motor will not shut off when pressing and relasing a function on the controller. Yes, before anyone asks, all fuses and connections are ok.

I originally through solenoid was not working (either sticking open or closed) but am wondering about the plow controller. Any thoughts?

B

2. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Check the female 11 pin connector and make sure metal inlets are all intact and not bent. We had a problem that one of the pins was bent inside the plastic connector and wasn't making a good connection. Plow would work fine then wouldn't work at all. Also check the controller 4 pin. Those pins and wires are delicate and not make a good connection as well. Get a continuity tester and test.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

When it doesnt work do you still have the light on the controller?
    When it doesn't work do you have lower?

4. battags

battags Member

I'm wondering how that would account for power not stopping to the motor when controller is released at times?

5. battags

battags Member

Yes, light on controller stays 'on' and down function is not affected. Would the light be out if the problem was solenoid related?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No the light would stay on. So that's making me think its the solenoid. Or the "signal" to the solenoid