1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western weatherpack help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ssleeper94, Dec 30, 2015.

1. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I noticed two wires pulled out of the the isolation module on my western ultramount. The problem is they pulled out the connector. I know they are metri-pack ends, just dont know what size to order. None of the part stores around here carry metri-packs. Anybody know what size they are?

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Mishnick is the guy that could answer this for you. He is a Western plow mechanic.

You can't PM yet as you are to new to the site, so I will PM him a link to this thread and he will likely respond with the answer.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

If the terminal is still on the wire bend the little tab back up and shove it back in.

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

When you ask about size do you mean the wire gauge? If that is the case it is 16 gauge. There is a special crimper for these. If you are careful you can use a normal crimper but it takes some skill to get it right. There are two sets of "wings" that need to be folded on the wire. The first stage crimps onto the copper and makes the electrical connection. The second stage folds around the wire, the wire insulation and the silicon seal.

Hope that helps. If you have more questions just enter them and anyone who has participated in this discussion will get an e-mail....

5. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I was looking for what size metri pack connector to order, there are several different styles I've seen. I have the tool to crimp it

6. mishnick

I can get more details when I go to the shop tomorrow, standby.....

7. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

Dave you are a stand up guy!!! I enjoy hearing your input on any Western questions!!! Thanks for all your Help over the yrs all the best pal

8. mishnick

All the connectors in the three isolation module / headlight harness plugs are:

Packard Metri-Pack 280 series

#12077412 (female connector)http://catalog.delphi.com/connectors/product/view/12077412?partner=TNC

#12015284 (silicone rubber seal)http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Delphi-Connection-Systems/12015284/?qs=xyz6lfZ1ktJqJtVJBLhQ6w==

This comes straight from Western.... I hope it helps.

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

10. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

Thank you I appreciate the help.