1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western VS Curtis?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 600rrpilot, Aug 24, 2005.

1. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

pros vs cons? pricing is within 20 dollars of each other. with one exception.

8 ft western- 3775 installed
    8.5 ft curtis- 3795 installed

plowed with a curtis last year and i have to say it was pretty awesome. plowed with a western before that....and it was good as well. niether stood out in my mind as "better" please help me make my decision. putting down a deposit on friday. :gunsfiring:
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Since you dont really have a preferance, have it come down to service from the dealers. Whos going to take care of you at 3 in the morning when its 3 years old and out of warranty?
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Go with the Curtis as long as you have a dealer close by. I have used a Curtis for the last two years. I just bought a new truck and will be putting a Boss on it because the Boss Dealer is around the corner from me, and the Curtis Dealer is 35 miles to the north.

Good Luck Mike
  4. sixspeed

sixspeed Senior Member

You gotta tell us Mike - did you get an even better employee discount then the advertised one your new GM!!!! :drinkup:
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

sixspeed, no I paid the same as everyone else :cry: Wish they would give me a new one every year. I still love them, they are a great truck.

Regards Mike
  6. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

alright well....someone start a curtis forum....just bought my pro 3000 on saturday. being installed 9/19. :bluebounc :redbounce purplebou
  7. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i kust had a 8ft installed for 3500 i hope its good i have used meyer,western,fisher so this will be change