1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western vee blade cutting edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ADLAWNCUTTERS, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

guys whats up with the price of vee blade edges . they want 240.00 for both sides here.some mail orders place where charging around 135.00 with shipping, of course they are all out of stock. so i called a local steel suppler and i pay around 50.00 for both sides . the only catch is you have to drill out the holes and paint it. maybe i am too cheap i refuse to pay 240.00 for a piece of steel. what do you guys do?

2. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Its the darn steel price hike as of last year.I priced the edges for my fisher v about 3-4 months ago and they were around 140 or so.Bought them a little over a month ago and the price jumped to 210 a set.You can buy steel to use as an edge for cheaper but it will just wear faster.The edges are made of a high carbon steel to wear better.

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

your right they will wear faster ,i am just to cheap to spend that much for cutting edegs

4. neversatisfied

neversatisfied Member
    from ct

Hey i dont blame u at all.I picked up my edges at the last minute or i would of just made my own.