1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western VBox conveyor chain replacement

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ACA Landscaping, Jan 28, 2005.

1. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

was wondering if anyone had any idea's of where i might find and new complete conveyor chain for my western vbox?? i've called everyone and nobody seems to have it and western wants almost double of anyone else at 800 bucks not counting freight and the 5 days it takes for me to get it!!! i've tried the usual cpw, rcpw, snowparts warehouse, angelo's, ect. any idea's??? snows coming and one of my biggest v box's is down not going to be pretty!! f y i western 10' ice breaker high capacity part number 68435 . any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

2. KUJAWA RSK

KUJAWA RSK Member
    from PA

v box chain

Hi ACA
    I have the new book from CPW. They have the chain for your v box.
    the price in the book is $440.00. that is not to bad. give them a call
    1-800-761-1700 I get my parts from them. :waving:

3. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

thanks for your help

i tried cpw and they said that there guy is running about 3 wks behind on chains right now with all the bad weather in up north he said no problem if i could wait but hell three weeks seasons basically over! he's the one who said i might have to bite the bullet and pay double from western if i need it before then. looking like i might have to. just hate paying double for something just for principle! i realize that machine is losing 75 hr being down and extra cash would prob even out but its just not right that they charge double for it! great way to treat a customer who has one of your 5g machines!! at this rate i wish snow ex made a bigger poly vbox because i have there 8000 model and have had no problems out of it for two years now and my other 3 gas models seem to have problems all the time! usually minor but not to minor when it's snowing and you have to work on them in lot after a day or so of straight plowing! thanks again for trying to help

4. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i ordered a bunch of parts for our swensons and a western from CPW about 2 months ago, everything was backordred 3 weeks.... every year i always say im gonna get all my stuff ready in the summer, it never happens and i usually get stuck on something...

5. ACA Landscaping

ACA Landscaping Member

i hear that! in our biz you need at least one of everything it seems i've learned over the yrs that i do carry about every conceivable part that could break but wasn't expecting the chain to go, chain wasn't bad but shot a gear box the last snow and had everything replaced but i guess the shop that did it had to use one of my old gears on shaft that chain runs on because western only sent them one and back ordered the other and low and behold second load of salt and gear cracked in half and road in the chain to the front and when it met my front gear all hell broke loose! twisted, broke, ect the shop going to fix at no charge labor and parts since they put old gear on but they won't pay the 800 bucks plus for new chain. so i'm responsible for rest which i understand chain wasn't brand new but wasn't bad either already cost me 1400 to replace everything last week now with this it will be another 500 or so if i can't find the chain cheaper, man between buying two more vbox's this year and new 9' boss and repairing this really starting to eat into the profits!! this one is my big 10' and really makes things ruff when its down luckily my other 3 vbox's have been doing pretty good keeping up with making up for this one being down. when cpw told you it would be 3 weeks did it really take the full 3 weeks or could be earlier but no longer?? thanks for your guys help

6. Blizzard Plower

Blizzard Plower Junior Member
    from Il