1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western V - VS - Fisher V plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PROCUTSLAWNCARE, Oct 18, 2006.

1. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE Senior Member

Hey guys, Im a little torn on what plow i want to go with, so I was hoping you can shed some light on the situation for me. I want to by a V plow, either The new fisher Extreme V or the MVP Western. Can you tell which one you guys like?

Thanks,
    Mario

2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Doesn't Fisher own Western? I get my 8'6" Extreme V SS on tomorrow. Some guys are probably sick of seeing my replies and posts on which plow to buy because I switched 2 or 3 times but I didn't want to spend the extra $$$ if I didn't sell our old truck but we did so I went with the Fisher. I liked the trip edge and the speed of this thing, its incredibly fast. I honestly didn't look into a Western but from some of the pics I've seen they look similar. This will be my first year with a Fisher and a V blade.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Both are owned by the same parent company. If you have the money go with the extreme V in stainless from Fisher. Otherwise they are basically the same in terms of hydraulics and controls. The MVP from Western is a match to Fisher's EZ-V.

4. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Owned by same company yes, Western is generally the cheap, lighter duty version of fisher.

5. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

western is not cheaper or lighter duty .they share alot of the same componants but are marketed for different parts of the regions.