1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western v-plow questions..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowingkid35, Dec 31, 2010.

1. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

i have been looking at an older western v-plow that a local guy has for sale for $1200 that needs some "tlc" he says, he said that the plow will not go up and down, something with the wiring anybody have any suggestions on what directly to check? Second, he said the brushes on the starter needed to be cleaned? i didnt even think that those had starters on them but w.e, maybe someone will have an idea what he means. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, also wondering if you could get a 99-04 superduty mount for that plow to work on a 1996 ford f-250??

2. ShorePower

ShorePower Senior Member

The starter is what he he is calling the pump motor. It runs when the solenoid closes. Try jumping across the large terminals of the solenoid with a screwdriver. If pump runs solenoid is bad. If not, and you have power to pump , the motor is bad.

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Shorepower
    Now that is the truth