1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western V-Plow Question???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by truszip, Jan 29, 2004.

1. truszip

truszip Junior Member

I resently purchased a V-plow and have finally been able to get some use of the thing lately. One thing that I had noticed was that while plowing in the straight mode (not the "V") - on occasion when I hit a rock or something in my driveway the force will drive that side of the blade in a bit. I'm only using the plow to plow my driveway and now with a bit more snow on the ground making a good base - I'm hitting very little if anything at all. Since my driveways a gravel driveway, I'm wondering if the force of the movement would hurt the cylinder or the pump as it's forcing the fluid backwards?? Any thoughts - Thanks.
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

Most newer plows today operate at a set adjustable pressure with a pressure overload relief valve and that is what is happening when you hit something. If it is too sensitive you can adjust the pressure up.
  3. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

I need to adjust the pressure, where is it on the pump???
  4. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

As you are looking at the plow by the drivers front wheel, on the side of the pump there is a small box. Remove this cover and the 4 screws for the relief are inside. The top ones are the secondary relief, left and right. The bottom 2 are the primary.. Leave the 2 coils in the middle alone.
  5. truszip

truszip Junior Member

It's not a big deal as it's just a matter of straightening it out if it does happen, at least I can safely assume it's not going to hurt anything. Thanks for the help.
  6. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

GO to the westernplows.com website. You can download an owners manual, installation guide and a serve manual from thier site. It has been a lot of help to me.