1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western V-plow or straight blade ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tom Smith, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

I cant decide weather to get the western straight blade or the v-plow. I hear that the v plow is a time saver. But ive also heard that they had problems with welds cracking and breaking. I will be doing drive ways and commercial lots. Thinking towards the V but dont want to regret it. Any opinions ?? Will be going on an 04 F350 Supercab Diesel

2. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

If you are doing commercial i would go with the V plow, all plows have their problems but i have not heard of too many problems with western v plows. It will save you lots of time, the only downside it that it can be tight in driveways however, it can be an asset there as well especially when you want to push snow across the street.

3. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

If you do large lots, you got to get the V.

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I Would go with the vee is that short cab box

5. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

No, No, No, get a Pro Plus with wings ;)

or one of these for big lots...

107_0800s.jpg

6. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

its a F350 Supercab short box...... yea the pro plus with wings would push alot more snow hahah :)

7. chris k

chris k Senior Member

V Plow all the way. Commercial or Residential doesn't matter

8. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

If you are going to be in buisiness for a while I would get a v-plow.Look into Hiniker they are very durable and hook on very easily.