1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western V plow on a Suburban

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Detroitdan, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Hi Western guys, just popping in to pick your brains. I have never had a Western plow, not really big in my part of the country, in fact I've only ever seen one close up. I'm looking to put a plow on a 94 Suburban 2500 diesel, and I found a Western 9' V for good money, coming off the same type of truck (3500) so everything will fit. Little concerned about the weight, but guys are telling me they run Blizzard 810s on the Sub 2500s, and that's 950 lbs. I have an 810 now, and it's been pretty hard on my 97 dually, actually just hard on the wheelbearings, everything else has held up fine. My other option is to take all my Blizzard mounts and stuff and put it on the Sub, then buy another Blizzard (my blade is junk).
    So what do you think? The Western V must weigh at least as much as the 810, if not more. What are some pros and cons to this combination? I've always wanted a v-plow, to do the things my 810 couldn't do.
    Blizzard dealer is about 45 min away at a Ford dealer, only Western dealer I know of is over an hour away at a Chevy dealer.
    I had just about talked myself into going back to (yuck) straight blade plowing again, only because of breaking every single moving part on the Blizzard twice. V-plows have a lot of moving parts too.