1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western v plow HELP!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by premium lawns, Oct 10, 2011.

1. premium lawns

premium lawns Junior Member

Thinking about buying one of my buddies uni mount v plows. The only thing is that it was ran off a separate hydraulic system on the truck side, kind of like a dump box. My question is, do i have to have the same set up, or can I buy a rebuilt pump for it. And if I buy a rebuilt pump, is there a difference b/n a v pump and a straight blade pump?

thanks!

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

What you have is called "central hydraulics" and you need the onboard electric system. It's going to be expensive to to modify as you will need the motor / pump and valve body assembly plus all the plow & vehicle harnesses. Your looking at a couple or three thousand to change this over! But I expect it is possible. A central pump and controls will be very expensive too and many small trucks don't have accomadations for a PTO on the transmission so this may not be possible depending on your truck.

3. premium lawns

premium lawns Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I currently have a 8.5 unimount straight blade on there, so I have the mount and wiring, and it is for a 97 F350 Powerstroke with dump bed.