1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western V Plow/ 2500 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by OneBadDodge06, Oct 7, 2004.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I bought another new plow and this is my first V but when its in the V position, the cutting edge on the plow touches the ground. It makes the rear end raise up a little more than my straight blade did. I had the torsion bars jacked up as far as they'd go. Any suggestions? I noticed in alot of the pics posted on here that theirs isn't like mine. :waving:
  2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Was this dealer installed?Your push beam is not adjusted correctly,i'm not posotive on the Western but the Fisher uses a push beam on the V plow,it's underneath the headgear,it is pinned to the headgear in the back and has 4 bolts(2 on each side) in the front,you need to loosen the 4 bolts,raise the plow and put it in "scoop",place a 1/4" piece of steel on a level floor underneath the center of the scooped blade and drop the blade,then tighten the 4 bolts.
  3. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

BLADE...Are you running any ballast in the back ?
    That will bring the nose up. MY 2500s are/were low to the ground
    also. A crank of the t- bars and 1000 lbs of ballast brought the nose up
    quite a bit !...................geo

ARC is correct about the pushbar adjustment also................ :drinkup:
  4. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

ballast and how much? 2500 or 2500HD? Timbrens are your friend. Sometimes you cant run with a blade fully ved. the 550 with a 10' boss will drag corners pretty easy if its fully ved when hitting bumps and such transporting.

2500hd reg cab with a diesel and a 9.5 fisher v. Timbrens up front and 800-1k ballast in the back and no real crank of the t bars, 265 75 r 16 tires and I dont whack my corners unless I really hit a big dip or train tracks or something.

And every body is right on :nod:
  5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks everyone for your input....

It's a 2500HD. And I put it on myself. I had 500 lbs of ballast when my straight blade was on it. I put it on myself. Western has gone to an adjustment on the T frame to even out the cutting edge so that it has even wear. I'll try adding another 500 lbs....I'd like to be able to transport it in the v position, wouldn't wanna take out a mini van down the road. Its nice on here that no matter what kinda plow or truck you drive, somebody is always willing to help out. Much thanks! :drinkup: