1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western v or boss v ?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Can-Boy, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Can-Boy

Can-Boy Member

I have 3 Boss9.2 v's always been happy but western is 2k cheaper and new dealer is only 10 minutes away.Boss dealer is 2 hrs.Any thoughts ?
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

keep the bosses.
  3. camconcrete

camconcrete Senior Member

keep the bosses, but if a dealership is alot closer... it would make me think hard about changing brands
  4. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

have plowed with both stay with boss and take the drive
  5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Phone another dealer for a price on the Boss, I can't believe they are $2000 more.
  6. fortydegnorth

fortydegnorth Senior Member

I will never buy a plow without a trip edge. That being said I would buy the Western. We have both Western and Boss and hands down the Western plows circles around the Boss. The Boss just folds over and rides on top of snow if it has an ice layer on top. We get a lot of ice here in south west Ohio. The ultra mount may take an extra 20 seconds to hook up but in the summer you can remove the lower "horns" and you almost can't tell there is plow on the truck. With the western everything is manual to hook it up. I hate switches that are exposed to the weather. If the switch freezes or breaks how do you mount the Boss? $2000 is a lot of money! Western, easy choice for me.
  7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You push it up manually. Western and Boss both make great plows.
  8. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

9. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

the boss and western should be the about the same price. I dont know how in the hell a V blade Boss would trip easily. If anything people would usually complain about them tripping to hard. I have heard of the Boss A-frames tweaking, but at the same time I seen and heard the Western's trip edge getting ripped off. I would say go with what ever you want. Do you like Ford or Chevy. Everyone has there own opinion, both work work for some and don't for others. Just trust your gut.