1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western "V" blade for 2004 Chevy 2500hd

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Greenscape4u.co, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Greenscape4u.co

Greenscape4u.co Senior Member

I just added a 2004 Chevy crew cab 2500 HD with the Duramax to my fleet and will be installing a 8 ' Western V blade. Some are telling me its a bad idea because of the weight ?? Any comments ??

:drinkup:

2. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I think a lot of people say that because GM trucks tend to sit lower in the front end, so they look like they are sagging in the front. Do a search on this site, it has been discussed many times. (try timbrens, sagging or even 2500HD) Also look in the Chevy truck forum on here.

I am sure the truck can handle it, just go by the Front axle weight rating on the truck (it's located on the drivers site door near the latch), and talk to your local installer/dealer about your concerns.

3. Greenscape4u.co

thanks for the responce Frozen 1 , actually I did check the front ratio and the Western plow is over weight by about 150 lbs. My truck dealer said the truck is designed to go beyond its GVW , no warranty anyway with a plow. First time plowing with a crew cab should be fun eh ?

4. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

No warranty with a plow??? is it used or new????

Ya it should be interesting with that turning radius!!!

5. Greenscape4u.co

new 2004 , dealer said warranty will be void if a plow is installed. Pretty common here , not the whole truck but driveline components etc. I've purchased many trucks from my dealer over the years and its been the same story. This is also my first truck without a plow prep package but don't think thats a major issue either.

Just currious ..... you a Bills fan ? :drinkup:

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I have never heard that about truck with plows... maybe it is because of the axle rating... I picked up on 04 2500HD GMC, no problem with a plow on it as far as the warranty goes.

And yes I am a bills fan.... they need some :help: this year that is for sure.

7. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

The warranty will not be void with a prep package. I had a 2001 2500HD and put my plow on it. No prep package and it still didn't void my warranty.

8. Greenscape4u.co

From experience they replaced one tranny on my fleet but the second and third was not in the cards ! We did have problems with our fuel pumps on the 6.5 turbos and they still replace those at no charge but anything directly related to plowing ie. trannies, springs, frames etc they will not cover.

tellin ya ...... we should have kept FLUTIE !! :nod: