1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western V-Blade 74340

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LucasPaving, Dec 15, 2013.

1. LucasPaving

LucasPaving Junior Member

I have a Western v-blade 74340,
    AQ&L BOX1 - 74900
    3 port iso mod - 29070-1
    hand control - 96900

Plow was working great till one of the wires to the headlamps grounded out. Fixed that issue. Plow worked even better afterwards for 10 - 15 minutes then quit working all together.
    Check fuses, all good
    disconnected and reconnected the iso module, check the positive wires, checked the ground. when i check the ground the controller came back on when i went to turn the plow on the controller lost power so i tightened the negative to make sure it was ok. Now the controller won't come on at all.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck that ground again. All the way through the system. Starting at battery to plow motor back to the clicker.

3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If the headlight wire actually shorted out it may have damaged the isolation module and the module must work for the controller to function. Essentially the isolation module is a bunch of relays. They will burn up and become unreliable / intermittent if they are overloaded by something like your headlight wire shorting out.

4. LucasPaving

thank you, i was leaning towards the iso mod. now to find a seller for these modules lol

5. mishnick

It's the same on Blizzards so if there is a blizzard dealer near you try there.

6. LucasPaving

Snow dog, Fisher/western is the only thing I have seen

7. LucasPaving

replaced the iso mod, still no power, replace the connectors, still no power. i'm about to replace all the fuses just to see what will happen

8. dieselss

Have you cked pwr at the fuses tho?

9. LucasPaving

I figured out what it was. The plugs in the front where wrong

10. mishnick

Hmm. Note to self. Check the basics first.

11. LucasPaving

I did, but after only getting 5 hours sleep in 72 hours basics are not just basics lol specially in -16 weather

12. dieselss

Hummmm -16. That's not cold. Now -20 that's freezing. Lol. Sorry had to. Glad you got it fixed tho

13. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

those part numbers are for a midweight not a v-plow. ... not that it matters as far as your problem. :)

14. LucasPaving

yeah i bought the plow used, those where the number he gave me, did some more digging and its not even a western but a fisher. but all the issues boiled down to one of my batteries being dead. installed a new battery and now everything works perfectly.

15. mishnick

Dead battery???? I thought you said the plug was wrong at the grill?

16. LucasPaving

it was, worked for couple hours then stopped working again, fish stick would turn on i went to operate the plow and fish stick would turn off, 5 minutes later fish stick would turn back on again. so i tested both batteries, one was dead replaced it and its working great again. so lets hope thats all the issue is/was