1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western V and pro wings?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by phishoook, Nov 23, 2007.

1. phishoook

phishoook Member

Can you put pro wings on a 8.5' western V? On a 2500 Chevy?

2. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

We've got 'em on our Western V and love them, that's on a F350 though. It is a very heavy plow as you know, I'd check with your local dealer to make sure. If you are already running that plow I wouldn't see a problem with just adding wings. Maybe put a little more ballast weight in the rear or beef up the front end a little?

Good luck

3. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Yes you can. If its a MVP and not a plus, measure closely when mounting the brackets that bolt to the mold board. The holes you have to drill will be VERY close to the brace on the backside of the board. I don't have any pics of the bolt holes but here are pics of my 8.5' MVP with pro wings.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

WOW that makes a big plow

i have the same :angel: on an 8' pro but i have had prob.s with them holding up to teh ol' smokeblower

5. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Its a 1/2" short of 10.5'. I originally wanted a 9.5' with wings but I picked this plow up for $2200, it was used one time, so I couldn't complain.

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

DUNCAN WOW can't beat the price huh

if you want your money back..........well you know