1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unmount help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by PGC, Sep 11, 2011.

1. PGC

PGC Junior Member

I have a Western Unimount that is on my 1999 1/2 (this is the new body style) Chevy 2500 and I was wondering if this mount would fit on a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

It's impossible to answer you with so little information about the two vehicles. Follow this link to the Western quick match and then plunk in the information for each of the two trucks. When you are done write down the part numbers for the mounts and harnesses and compare them. If the numbers are the same then you are in luck. http://quickmatch.westernplows.com/vehinfo.asp They will ask you about body style, engine size and headlamp type etc.

3. PGC

PGC Junior Member

Thanks for the help, I've been looking a solid answer for some time and it is great to finally get one!

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

I bought a 2001 chev 2500 unimount with a plow. It did not mount right up to my 2005 chev 2500. To mount it to my 2005 chev I need to grind some material off the inside of the mount on both sides. Works great. You will also need a different wiring harness and plow lights.