1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by William198, Dec 1, 2009.

1. William198

William198 Junior Member

Have a western unimount Blade will not go up , anytime i move the controler the blade moves to the right , will not go left when in left possition,or when i go up blade will still go to the right
    Any suggesttions.

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Try another controller.

3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

You have a sticking valve. S2 if I am corrrect. The quickest way to free it up is to push against a wall or post or another snowplow and press the controller the way that you want it to go and pop the valve. If the plow works after you do that, you need to pull your valves out and properly clean them.

4. Della Rio

Della Rio Junior Member

If this is the same set up as a uni-mount. The suction sceen on the pump maybe plugged. Drain the fluid, remove the motor, pull the pump and replace the screen and o ring.

5. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

Had the same problem with mine a few years back. Was a solenoid cartridge valve that was bad. If you click the link and look at the pic, you'll find the valves towards the lower RH of your screen. The valve that was bad on mine was the longest out of the three valves. New one was $70 and took ten minutes to install.

If the link doesn't take you directly to the exploded pic, it's on page 8.

http://www.westernplows.com/pdf/21936_120198.pdf

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  6. mkbl2

mkbl2 Junior Member

I agree...probably sticking valve. But, it could be a wiring problem. I would check all the pins on the connectors, clean them, and re-grease. Could also be a bad ground wire.