1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Schwinn68, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I found a used unimount plow that came off a 2001 hd chevy. I have a 2005 hd and was wondering what I would need to put this on my truck. The plow comes with everything like new including mount, wiring harness, and controller. I tried going on westerns web site but they only recommend the mid weight plow for my truck so they weren't much help in figuring this out. thanks.
  2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I'm guessing that if you wait till tomorrow, some of the guys in here can give you the correct part numbers.

But if you want to research it a little (while you are waiting) before someone posts the correct part numbers, here is what I would do....

Go to the Western website and look up both trucks.
    Write down the part numbers for the mounts and wiring and headlamp harnesses, and see if both trucks are using the same part numbers.

If they don't then you probably are going to need to do some more waiting.

Good luck
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Buy it ben, I can make it work. The mount is correct with a slight mod, same for the harness. just a couple of mods.
  4. Philbilly2

Come on, you rode around for a night, midweight plows on a 2500hd my ass.

Your a sled puller too, your suppose to be just as stupid as the rest of us running around with the biggest dang plow that will bolt to the front of a truck.
  5. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I'm waiting on pictures of the plow before i commit to anything. I figured it would work, just needs a little tune up.

I've seen what these trucks can handle and in no way was I going to put a midweight plow on a duramax truck. Western and the weight police/chevy haters say that only a midweight plow will fit I know better. Will a 7.5' plow be big enough? The guy is asking 1900 for everything. If not, I found another in Indiana that's 7.5 but it already has wings on it and he wants 1200 but it's plow only.
  6. Philbilly2

it will be big enought for the price if you want one for this season. With the set up for the harness, with controller and the bracket with a plow. That is a good price. If it isn't big enough, just sell the plow on it's own and buy a plow that is bigger. At least then you have the wiring harness and bracket.
  7. pickles

pickles Junior Member

All the parts between these 2 trucks are the same. This is an exact match for your truck, other than needing some bolts for the undercarrage it will all fit.
  8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Actually they are not, the 01 used a different harness than the 05.
  9. Philbilly2

yeah, crash is correct. I have a 03 with a 02 -01 harness on my truck. My lights are rigged to two toggle switches in the cab as the new trucks use a different style headlights than the older ownes.
  10. bigstriss

bigstriss Junior Member
    from Il.

Ben dont let phil touch anything.
  11. Philbilly2

Kyle, you are just pissed because all of my old, cheap junk works better than all of your new, expensive JUNK! payup