1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by nymustang50, Oct 7, 2008.

1. nymustang50

nymustang50 Senior Member

Well im looking to get a plow for my truck(94 Bronco). Im new to owning a plow and which is the best. But I am not new to operating one and using it. I used to work with a friend and I would use his truck. Well I just started looking around for a plow for my truck some one I called about one told me he has a western unimount 7'6" for my truck. For $1900 with frame and wiring. Is this a good deal? Also he said he does have a pro plow if I want but didnt give me a price yet.. What are the differences between the pro and the one he offered me for $1900. Im not going to be doing only commercial lots but I will do some. Most of my stuff will be residential use but like I said with some commercial.

2. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

The difference between the pro and standard blade is the pro has a shock absorber and 2 extra trip springs, it also is a couple of inches taller. 1900 hundred sounds high for a uni standard you can probably find one a little cheaper or even a ultra mount for that price. also check out snoway classifieds on e bay or craigslist. Western is a great product I've owned several over the past years but for that bronco I would go with snoway. Its a lot lighter and won't put that much stress on the front end, they also come with a down pressure system.