1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount Wiring

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by McG_Landscaping, Nov 6, 2013.

1. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

I am installing a 9 pin western unimount plow on an '08 F250. I know which mounts I need, but I am lost on the wiring. I believe I need the 61437 Vehicle Harness, 9-Pin (SB) and the 66623 Vehicle Battery Cable (V)? Is there a headlight adapter that would work on my 250 or do I need to do a bit of fancy wiring?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

have you tried westerns quick match?
  3. I'm assuming you have plastic headlights on your truck, H13 replaceable bulb from the rear of the headlights.

You have to upgrade to the new style wiring,Isolation module.

Here is a list if you go all new:

29049 >h13 headlight harness, and light harness from module to grill of truck

29760-1 > plow 3 port isolation module

28055 > contains control harness (inside cab to grill of truck), and
    power cable.(from motor relay to grill of truck)

56131k-2 > motor relay

22511k > battery cable (from battery to motor relay)

28053 > converts your uni-mount from 2 plugs to 3 plugs to match your 3
    plugs you will now have on truck

you can use your controller.

(Uni-mount wiring did not support the H13 headlight system.)

All in stock, All Western Original Equipment,

Thank you,
    SPW Tech
  4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

You could just wire the plow lights to a simple toggle switch.
  5. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

Do it the right way it was designed to work and save yourself a hassle down the road.
  6. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

Your better off just wiring the headlight to a 3 way toggle switch. Thats how I have my 03 Ram 2500 wired. I couldn't be bothered with haresses. My parking lights and blinkers work with the plow harness, but a simple flip of a switch turns the plow headlights on.