1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount will not go down

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by KevinO, Feb 15, 2015.

1. KevinO

KevinO Junior Member

After driving 80 miles in a below zero degree blizzard last night my plow will only move left and right and after maybe drifting down an inch or two will go up. Could this be a stuck valve or maybe something has just frozen in the pump?

2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Check for power at grill when down is requested. If you have power take the cover off. Check the valve block cartridge for power. I believe its the white wire at the valve s1 valve

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

When was the last time you changed the fluid?

4. rjigto4oje

P.s watch your toe's while testing

5. dieselss

No flip flops? Your a buzz kill

6. rjigto4oje

Too cold for flip flops. Just do want to see anyone get hurt

7. dieselss

Nah, you wouldn't feel it by then anyway

8. KevinO

KevinO Junior Member

Thanks for the replys. Disconnected and reconnected plugs at the grill started working fine. Now same thing everything but Down works. Checked ground. Bottom screw on valve box can't get out now. Changed fluid this past summer.Plowed two drives and back to same thing.

9. dieselss

Gunna need to test that s1 which is under that cover. But if you said you played with the grill connectors and it worked, I'd start looking there. You can Ck the truck side connector without the plow. You just need a test light and the wiring diagram