1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount: trying to figure out what mount frame parts I need

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by malibuvan, Oct 18, 2008.

1. malibuvan

malibuvan Junior Member
    from 49424

Help! I just bought a Western Unimount set-up and the seller gave me a mount that will supposedly fit my 1998 1500 Chevy pickup. I went to the Western site to get pictures and diagrams, and my mount looks similar although it looks like I may be missing some parts, but I'm not sure what. The seller gave me some " arms" that I do not know where they go, and by the looks of it there are other parts missing.
    Does anyone have any pictures of a unimount on a 1994-1998 1500 pickup or can they tell me what parts I may need?

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

might be easier if you post pictures of what you have....

3. malibuvan

malibuvan Junior Member
    from 49424

How do I post pictures to this thread?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:confused: If you looked at the mount instructions/parts list that shows all the components of the mount, what isn't clear? The install/part layouts are very detailed.

To post pix click on the yellow "manage attachment" button further down on the same page as you add a post on. Pic has to be 100kb or smaller to post.

5. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Seeing how you more than likely didn't get a parts list with your used mount here's the link to The page you need on Western snowplows site.
    http://westernplows.com/pdf/13681_103103.pdf
    Any parts you may need are still available and can be ordered thru any Western dealer.
    :rolleyes: John...

6. malibuvan

malibuvan Junior Member
    from 49424

Picture of parts I have

Here is a picture of what came with the plow. There are a couple of "arms" that I have as well that I do not see on the parts list. The Western stickers on each of them have the numbers 6175.0 and 6174.4.

Western Unimount Chevy 1998 002.jpg

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good you posted a pic of the mount. Because it's not even for an '88-'98 body style IFS truck. It's actually for the old '81-'87 body style solid axle equipped trucks. Western p/n 61770.

The mount you actually need is p/n 62330 for the '88-'98 body style.

8. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

I have the mount and wiring on the truck side, on a 1994 Chevy Light duty 3/4 ton. Looking to get $350.00 plus shipping for mount and wiring. This is for the 2B headlights. (glass retangular) I am just outside of detroit. PM me if interested.

9. malibuvan

malibuvan Junior Member
    from 49424

Do you have any pictures available for the parts?

Thanks,
    Caleb

10. MB4/94

MB4/94 Junior Member

Do you want to sell the Chevy Unimount mounting brackets ? I need a set for a 85 Chevy truck. If so , how much ? Barry (570) 648-3873