1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount rebuild/paint

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by wahlturfcare, Dec 2, 2009.

1. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

thought id post some pictures of 1 of the blades i've been working on lately. I completely striped the blade down due to the extreme rust it had behind the paint.
    Also rebuilt the a frame mount as it had a severe wobble to the blade. It now had zero slack and has greasable bushings to last for ever.
    I still need some more decals that didnt come in the kit from western.

P1000843.jpg

P1000845.jpg

P1000846.jpg

P1000849.jpg

P1000850.jpg

2. THE-BOSS-PLOWS

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Looks Good

3. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

looks awesome.. you did this for someone or your own truck?

sounds like you did it for a guy.. what did you charge doing that?

and could you go into more detail about the bushings and less wobble? maybe some pics

4. wahlturfcare

Shott, this blade one on one of the 1 tons i picked up this spring. For the a frame bolts i used 1/2 brass bushings to except the 3/4 bolt since everything was worn out.
    To get the bushings to fit, i had to weld the holes prety much shut and re drill the holes out to size. I also had to machine the bushings down to stack against each other.

P1000851.jpg

5. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

Looks great, what do you got in it? Money and time? Could u break it down...

6. wahlturfcare

the paint, i have about $30 dollars with the primer, paint, clear and all the rollers. All the bolts and bushings about $25.00. I have about 3-4hrs for the complete redo of the whole thing.

7. snow man 0311

snow man 0311 Member

Looks good do yo have a back blade or back dragging blade on that ...