1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount question, need help?????

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by BigT, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BigT

BigT Junior Member
    from stl

I just got my unimount plow setup on my truck. When the plow is lifted, you can take the blade and it will move side to side a little. You can see each of the side adjustment cylinders oving in and out a couple inches. If you jerk the wheel whole driving, it will move a little side to side. Is ot supose to do this or do I have a problem? I just changed the fluid today, and im not sure, but I dobt remember it oving side to side as uch before. Could I maybe have air in the lines?

Will this effect anything when i plowing? We ight get soe snow here this week and I want to be totally ready for it, so any help is appreciated,

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

If you grab the plow and pull back on it will it move all the way from left to right?
    - Check the crossover o rings and the all check valve o-rings

Or are you talking about if you push down on the top, the plow wobbles up and down?
    -That just happens with unimounts, the center front bushing gets worn and ovals out. I wouldn't worry to much till it gets really bad. Mine has held on this long and it is bad.

Hope that helps

-Phil-

3. BigT

BigT Junior Member
    from stl

If you grab it and pul back it moves let to right just a few inches. The cylinders move in and out.

4. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Since you changes the fluid, did you purge the air out like Western says to do? If not you may want to try that first.

5. BigT

BigT Junior Member
    from stl

Yes, I did purge it a couple times. I used dextron 3 tranny fluid, could that have anything to do with it?

6. Philbilly2

No ATF fluid is fine.

Sounds like the crossover relief valve. This valve has two o-rings on it. Pull the valve and check to see if either one is damaged.

Here is where you find it.

[​IMG]

This part here:

Crossover.jpg

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it will hold the set angle with a snow load against it even though you can move it slightly by hand, then it still has a little air in it. Not a big deal though..should work it out on it's own.

If it won't hold the angle, then go after the cross over valves.

8. Philbilly2

Ok, BigT, B&B is back.... listen to him, he knows his way around this stuff.

MIKE!

Where have you been? I been trying to fend off all these questions on my own.

It's like a full time job! -Good to see you back on!

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Been outta town since Tues am Philbilly...and without computer access I might add. :realmad:

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No ATF is not fine. Slower operation more wear and tear on everything, higher amp draw.

Not related to the other problems, just FYI.