1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount Problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by AROCO2, Dec 17, 2013.

1. AROCO2

AROCO2 Junior Member

Hey Guys,

Im having some trouble with my backup unit, a 1995 Chevy Silverado with a 7.5 Western Unimount straight blade. When I attach the plow to the truck then go to raise or angle the plow I have no power going to the plow. Also when I activate the joy stick to raise or angle the plow it causes the plow lights to revert back to the lights on the pickup. When the lights revert back to my pickup it causes my turn signal and high beam indicator lights to illuminate on the dash board. I originally thought the motor relay was bad, replaced it problem still persists. Im stumped as to what it might be, any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Ryne
  2. Plow Nuts

Plow Nuts Senior Member

Sounds like you have a connection/ground issue. Check the connections at the plow, disconnects and truck grouds for the plow. Corrosion does s number on things
  3. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

usually a bad connection causes goofy sh** to happen