1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by StumpZ, Sep 6, 2010.

1. StumpZ

StumpZ Junior Member
    from NY

Hi everyone, I have had a Unimount for 3 years with the joystick controller. I decided to be prepared this year and put it on my plow truck to change fluid, etc. I mounted it and went to put it up but instead it angled right and stopped. I chained it up to get it moved by the garage. I changed the fluid and if I hand angle it straight it will only angle right no matter what position I move the joystick. Do you think the controller is fried or maybe one of the valves is stuck open?? Help!

2. soundzplus

soundzplus Junior Member

Its happened to me in the past as well. My problem was where the plow side wiring plugs into the truck side wiring. The connection between the 2 was my problem.

3. DodgeRam1996

DodgeRam1996 Senior Member

Check all of your solenoid connections

4. StumpZ

StumpZ Junior Member
    from NY

Got it! After switching to a spare motor then a spare pump I found the blue wire in the plow side was broken. Could have saved alot of time if I found that initially but it is working!

5. kenai123

kenai123 Junior Member
    from 99669

I have the same western plow right turning locked problem

StumpZ you say that you found a blue wire on the plow side broken. What did the blue wire connect to? I have the same western plow right turning locked problem without a solution. thanks!

6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The light blue wire goes to the S3(4way) valve

S3= angle left and raise

mysssvalves.jpg

mysssvalves.jpg