1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount please help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by brianslawncare, Nov 24, 2013.

1. brianslawncare

brianslawncare Junior Member

I have a 04 Chevy 2500. I'm looking at a unimount that came off a 01 Chevy 2500. Not sure if it will work , bracket and wiring? My 04 is a 2500 hd he said his was a 2500 not sure about the hd does that matter? Thank u

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The frames are different if I remember correctly.

3. brown91redcam

brown91redcam Junior Member

The headlight wiring is different for the 01 to 04,99-02 have reverse polarity,they used the positive wire as headlight switch then they went back to standard polarity on 03 and up Chevrolets

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes the wiring is different. also the mount, if it's the old version that was bought when the '01 was new (63360) wouldn't work on the 03-06. if it's the newer version of that mount (63360-1) that was built after the '03 trucks were out, then it will.
    and no you don't have to worry about 2500 or 2500hd, no difference in mount or wiring.

5. brown91redcam

I actually just installed my uni-mount on my 05 from my 99 both k1500s, the wiring work fine once I reversed the polarity of headlight connectors where truck lights plug in at plow harness

6. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

7. brianslawncare

brianslawncare Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies! The bracket did fit just the wiring was different.

8. brown91redcam

Which harness did you need?