1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount on older Chevy's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Dave in Pa., Oct 26, 2002.

1. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

Am wondering if anyone has a Western uni-mount on any Chevy older than 1988? Have contacted western and waiting for a reply, have a complete set-up off a 94 chevy I sold and am looking at a 1987 K-20 and hoping I can get a mount? Any suggestions? I know my mount fits 1988 to 1998 & some have said you can't get them for the chevy's prior to that? Thanks in advance! Dave

2. plowed

plowed Senior Member

You should be able to find something. I know a guy who has a Fisher MM on a 1984 K-20. I don't believe he had to fabricate anything, but I could be wrong. Since Western is a sister company to Fisher you should be able to find it.

-John

3. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Western does make a unimount for the 73-87 body styles. I have an 89 K-30 with a 8.5' unimount v plow on it. Even tho its an 89 body year, it has the 87 and prior body style. In fact anytime we get parts for the truck we ask for a 86 K-30. Again even tho its an 89 being a C&C its still has a carb on it. It is very confusing at the parts store if you try to explain it, so we just ask for the 86 model year for parts.
    Dino

4. Dave in Pa.

Dave in Pa. Junior Member

Thanks!

Thanks to both of you! I really have my heart set on this 1987, just waiting for the guy to give me a price and DO need to put my western on it. Hope the new mount isn't too expensive. Thanks againe, Dave