1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount on a 08 F-250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mheyboer, Mar 10, 2009.

1. mheyboer

mheyboer Junior Member

I have a western unimount plow that I am going to mount to my 2008 F-250. Can someone tell me what would be the best way to wire it? Do I need a isolation module? I do not have any kind of harness yet. If someone knows how to help I would appreciate it.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Hate to break this to you but that unimount wont fit your 08. Need to go with a ultra mount and conversion kit to make a unimount blade work. Will also have to go with a iso harness since it has the H13 headlights.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I have the complete truck side wiring and mount (Ultra) for your truck if you need it. Just pulled it all off an '08 last week and it's in perfect condition. All you'd need then is the Ultra to Uni conversion kit.

4. mheyboer

mheyboer Junior Member

Crash 935

Thank you for your response. I did know that I need an ultramount mount with a conversion kit. I am just not sure on the wireing. Can you tell me what an iso harness is?

Thanks

5. mheyboer

mheyboer Junior Member

B&B

How much do you want for them. I have one mount allready, but I am going to need a secound one. My work just picked up an '08 and I will need one gor that.

Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I can send you a few pics of the wiring components (there's multipule components in these Western Iso setups) so you can see what they're composed of.

Shoot me an email address to:
    [​IMG]

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

heyboer,

might want to get ahold of tojay22, talked to him today and think he said he has a 08 ultra mount.