1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount....no motor action! help asap

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by juan91, Jan 12, 2012.

1. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

i need help ASAP.....IL is getting snow and my plow is dead

i swapped and bleed the fluid before winter started (trans fluid)

plow is around a 99-00

heres what happened, hooked it up last night....raised up fine turned side to side fine.

went to get dinner tonight....plowed a strip out of of the driveway, turned fine and raised up good,left it there and got dinner.... went to hit the first driveway on the trip there i turned the blade to the left to get by some traffic....worked fine.....went to pull in his driveway...straightened it out and dropped it....thought it wasn't turning sure enough....no more plow control....wont raise, or turn....with the diesel turned off,and key on,when i hit the level, all i hear is a crisp click.... i poked around for loose wires and found a wire that fell off a relay mounted by the radiator....the controller still turns on but now the click is gone after finding that broken wire

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What color is the wire? Bk/og I guess?

3. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Use a test light and see if ur getting power to the motor, could be time to replace cables. They need to stay crisp. You can take apart the motor and check the brushes as well if you are getting power

4. juan91

juan91 Junior Member

fixed it!

replaced all wire connectors and fuse link as it was corroded.....one stud for motor is stripped so vise grips hold the terminal on