1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount MVP wing problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mattf, Dec 3, 2014.

1. mattf

mattf Junior Member

I have a western unimount MVP .I've been having a problem with the right wing retracting a few inches any time the pump runs. I've swapped solenoids, relief valves, check valves , and left and right cylinders. the wing also drifts back, I can push on it and it drifts back. the solenoids, relief valves, and check valves don't look bad so I'm trying to pin point the problem before I just start putting a bunch of new parts on it. has anyone had a similar problem?

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Looks like it could be the piglet operated check valve. That would allow pressure to force the ram RO retract and the base of the ram would leak over the secondary relief valve.

3. mattf

mattf Junior Member

that's what thinking it was so I checked them out. check valve b did have a piece missing out of the back up o ring so I swapped it with c since from the schematic it looks like c is only Iused for the left Side and I still am having the problem with the right Side. I've swapped a and b check valves too.

4. mishnick

The piglet check valve ??? can't believe I misspelled that. Pilot Operated Check Valve is what I meant....
    These valves are cheap, especially since there were pieces missing from the o-rings I would get some new ones instead of just switching around old used parts. Frequently I get operators coming in with problems and when I say it looks like X, Y, Z they say they have already verified that is not the problem..... In the end if they come to me I replace the suspected part with new and most times that fixes it. Logic says PO check valve, get a new one and start there.

5. mattf

mattf Junior Member

I found the complete valve for 50$ would you recommend replacing the whole valve or just replacing all the o rings

6. mishnick

Replace the whole thing.