1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount MVP not working need help quick

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by powerstrokesnow, Feb 3, 2014.

1. powerstrokesnow

powerstrokesnow Junior Member

I had my plow up on the moldboard checking for where it was bent and now I just laid it back over and hooked it up and it's not working I can hear the pump running unhooked the hoses and I'm only getting a stream out of one hose the others are just barely running there's is one red small wire that gave me problems last time when it wouldn't run cuz it broke so I thought maybe that was it so I checked it with a test light and it's not lighting up positive or negative so I don't know if it's in a valve or the wire but I am stumped

2. powerstrokesnow

If someone that is really good with these could callme my number is 4174596121 thanks
    had my plow up on the moldboard checking for where it was bent and now I just laid it back over and hooked it up and it's not working I can hear the pump running unhooked the hoses and I'm only getting a stream out of one hose the others are just barely running there's is one red small wire that gave me problems last time when it wouldn't run cuz it broke so I thought maybe that was it so I checked it with a test light and it's not lighting up positive or negative so I don't know if it's in a valve or the wire but I am stumped[/QUOTE]

3. powerstrokesnow

Figured it out the little pin in the truck side harness that has the positive and the negative broke. It's for the little red wire that had given me trouble before. So now my question is can you replace the pin or do you have to replace the whole plug?

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There r repair ends for the plugs but u cut the whole plug off and butt connect all the individual wires. If u do this don't use those pre-insulated crimps. Get bare metal crimps and put heat shrink on them or they won't last. If it's the plow side cable end I would buy the whole cable. But be sure u get the right cable or repair plug. I believe that will b a 12 pin for MVP.

5. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

For now probably best off to cut the wire off both plugs and connect it together. As long as your talking about the small red wire contained with the large positive and negative cable.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Good point W1. I was thinking it was the other plug. If it is in deed the red wire in the motor power cable then he can just jump from battery positive to the red wire on the plow side of the plug. That wire feeds the common positive for the valve coils.
    Powerstrokesnow... U could just jump a positive feed to the plow side of the red wire to get u by and then order a new plow side plug and cable. Its not an expensive cable so don't bother trying to repair it. This way u don't need to cut open the truck side cable. I would suggest using an inline fuse and a switch when u hook it to the battery because it is supposed to b a switched ignition feed. Or u could just disconnect it when not in use.

7. powerstrokesnow

I just jumped it from plug to plug with spade connectors it is working for now. However the plug broke off inside the plow side plug in and completely broke off on the truck side so I am guessing I'm going to have to replace both plugs. I also found out my intermittent shut off of the handheld controller in the cab, some of the small pins are pulling out of the round plug on the truck side wiring. So I need to replace them as well.