1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount MVP info...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JC1390, Sep 26, 2012.

1. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Hey guys...Im sure some of you read my previous thread about switching from a 7.5' straight blade to the 8.5' MVP. (unimount)

Now that I have everything and am starting to dig into the MVP does anybody have any suggestions on what I should all check?

Common issues with the MVP? Parts to have on the shelf? Any info is good info to me!

Being fairly new to the plow scene any help is greatly appreciated.

The truck Im running is a 1990 Dodge W250 Cummins Flatbed.

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well JC

1- Does plow or did plow work before you got it?
    2-Did you see it work.Check and re check all Electrical coneections
    both truck side andplow side..
    3- Replace old worn out cutting edges and center rubber flap between blade wings?
    4-Check out ALL WELDS on plow frame Quadrent -A -frame Head gear
    5-Check out Hoses and all CYLINDERS <Angel,Lift

Cutting edges are about 400.00 for both sides including the rubber flap for between te blades...

Filter and fluid change about 100.00??
  3. JC1390

JC1390 Junior Member

Plow works, electrical connections will all be gone over...I may replace the light harness on the plow side due to an "abused" area. Truck side is all new. Cutting edges will be good for this year, do you have a p/n for the center rubber flap? Previous owner used some kind of thick yellow rubber...doesn't look correct. Welds are all good, plow is straight. I will be replacing the two angle cylinders just to be on the safe side. I don't like the look of the fittings. Hoses are all good. Will change fluid.

My question is should I have the pump checked for output pressure or anything like that? Solenoids?

What spare parts do you mvp guys recommend?

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well spare bottle if fluid extra hydro hose ,electrical tape,duct tape,(the good stuff) spare cutting edge bolts,