1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount MVP 8.5' V-plow in Vermont

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by dieseldirt, May 16, 2015.

1. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

Up for sale is this Western UNIMOUNT MVP snowplow, plow-side only. I will include the pictured joystick control with the sale ($200+ value). Does NOT include truck, truck-side mount or truck-side wiring. I can help get you the Western part numbers you need for your truck.

Electronic owners and mechanics manuals are available.

I am the 2nd owner and used it for my personal driveway only. The 1st owner used it for a private farm road. We just bought a tractor so it's got to go!

Please see the plow in action in my video. Everything works, but the passenger side blinker, which could be a truck wiring issue. The plow has the normal dents in the side edges of the blade, please see video. It comes with the marking sticks and plow feet as pictured. The kickstand has been removed (I just use woodblocks).

I will take any additional pictures if needed. This plow is sold "as-is & where-is" with no warranty. I will help load this plow and LOCAL delivery is available for a fee.

Fresh fluid change and grease job (always used the blue hydraulic fluid, not ATF). Dielectric grease always used on electrical plugs.

Newer marking sticks on the plow. New WESTERN motor Fall of 2013.

I have 2 videos of this plow available on YouTube:
    See it run on my truck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOd5gUap5iI
    Walkaround inspection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UudeWhUKQo

Price is $3000 OBO. Will consider trade for tractor attachments, tilt deck equipment trailer, or 4x4 atv.
    I accept cash, or credit cards through Paypal.

2. JFon101231

JFon101231 Senior Member
    from CT

Take this how you please - if "it's got to go" as you say, you need to whack at least $800 off your asking price (and that's probably still an in-season price)...

3. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

It does say OBO. Please feel free to make me an offer. Thanks.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

the plow appears to be needed some mechanical repair.......right turn signal doesn't seek to be operational.

in all seriousness, you can buy a used modern vee plow for that price. Not trying to kill ur sale just research more cause ur priced high for a narrow market.

5. dieseldirt

dieseldirt Junior Member
    from vermont

Right turn signal is mentioned in description. Is there some other mechanical repair you are referencing?

The narrow market is welcome to make a reasonable offer.

6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

This plow would be good for a user such as myself, who owns an older truck, that the Unimount truckside is available. Some manufacturers, such as western, don't make an ultramount mount for my truck. I can have one "custom built" by my local western dealer, but if a straight blade unimount owner wanted to get into the world of "v blades, then this is an easy (bolt on) start.

Pricing is like anything else. IF you want to sell it, it has to be at fair market value or lower to unload it.

Good luck with the sale. Hope you find a buyer before it snows....