1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount mounting bracket on 04 f250

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by coalfieldslawn, Dec 16, 2015.

1. coalfieldslawn

coalfieldslawn Member

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Mounting a union mount Western plow onto a 2004 f250? I bought the plow used and the guy took the mounting bracket off of his f 250 which was a powerstroke and I started looking and it looks like it mounts up different on my 5.4 gas truck. It looks like it will fit in the same spot that he is dead but you're going to have to mount the front part of the bracket a different way.

There is nowhere local in my area that I could really get any advice on it from. Any kind of help, pictures directions to a website I can look at, anything would be appreciated. Seems like I'm really in a bind right now

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Need some more info. What year did the plow frame come off. What is the production date of the truck its going on, need the month and year. Post a picture of the frame. Need this to start.

3. coalfieldslawn

coalfieldslawn Member

4. Randall Ave

Go on the Western web site, and look up your kit in the installation folders.
    Is the frame a unimount, or an ultra mount with a conversion kit?

5. coalfieldslawn

coalfieldslawn Member

Thank you. I'll get on there and try that.
    I'm pretty sure it's a unimount bracket. I know for sure that the plow is, but can not find numbers on the mounting bracket.

6. Randall Ave

First, ask the moderator to move this to the Western forum. Now they did not make a unimount to fit your truck. I am not saying it will not fit, I do not no. Did you remove the bumper and try to put the front frame section up in there?